Playbin: SSL certificate checking

Nirbheek Chauhan nirbheek.chauhan at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 06:18:02 UTC 2022

On Tue, Mar 22, 2022 at 3:31 AM Maksim Liauchuk
<maksim_liauchuk at fastmail.fm> wrote:
> I'm not 100% sure about OpenSSL, in fact I deal with Java bindings, which seem use gio-2.0 (see https://github.com/gstreamer-java/gst1-java-core/blob/master/src/org/freedesktop/gstreamer/lowlevel/GioAPI.java#L29).

If you are loading an HTTP URI, you are using an element that
implements support for HTTP URIs. You can check which ones you have
available with:

$ gst-inspect-1.0 -u | grep http
souphttpsrc (read, rank 256): http, https, icy, icyx

Or just look at the output of `gst-inspect-1.0 -u` directly.

> Forgot to add, that I manually added that self-signed CA cert to Java cacerts. And can confirm it works because *after that* I'm able to fetch pages via HTTPS from the app. Thus I would assume native library is used for stream work.
> May I ask for an advice where to look further please?
>
> Probably not a surprise to yourself, but souphttpsrc isn't used in my setup.
>
>  ELEMENT SETUP: URIDecodeBin: [uridecodebin0]
>  SOURCE SETUP: BaseSrc: [source]

Okay, this is not telling us what source element it's actually
plugging here. What URI are you trying to play when this happens? Can
you share the code of source-setup handler that you're using to print
this?

Cheers,
Nirbheek