Building a graph for HDR10 output - stumped at sink

Bill Hofmann bill.hofmann at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 00:19:50 UTC 2022

Thanks for the very helpful feedback. I am able to connect to kmssink, and
after specifying connector-id and (the correct, I think) plane-id, I get
video out from the non-X view. Defaults don't work there, but that's
manageable. Clearly not yet HDR (haven't made changes to kmssink yet).

HOWEVER, performance is exceptionally poor - whereas vaapisink is able to
keep up with 4k30 P010 without a problem (in a window on the desktop),
kmssink seems to run at about 15fps. As someone relatively new to this
whole process, what's the best way to debug these performance issues?
Looking at debug all the way up to 9, there isn't (of course) any helpful
logged info at least that's helpful to me.  I'll note autovideosink also
has performance issues (but again isn't full screen or non-X).

A little more context - this is an "embedded" Linux situation - will never
be other than full screen video (likely no UI), so there is no need for
interop with desktop functionality.

-Bill

--
Bill Hofmann