Retrieving RTP timestamps for One-Way-Delay calculations

Tilak Varisetty tilak at imperiumdrive.com
Mon May 9 09:02:24 UTC 2022

Hello,

I would like to retrieve the RTP sender timestamp and compare it with the
receiver timestamp to estimate the One-Way-Delay of the RTP packets.

I have gone through the GstRTPBuffer API and the method
gst_rtp_buffer_get_timestamp(GstRTPBuffer * rtp). I am calling this in a
loop to get the timestamps but the program terminates at the run time.
GstBuffer * buf;
GstRTPBuffer *rtp;
guint64 timestamp;

Mapping the GstBuffer to rtp buffer:
gst_rtp_buffer_map (buf, GST_MAP_READ, rtp);

Retrieving the timestamp
//This is where the program crashes in runtime.
timestamp = gst_rtp_buffer_get_timestamp (rtp);

I have set the RTP bin to buffer-mode = 0  to get RTP timestamps as PTS

Is there any other way to get the sender and receiver RTP packet
timestamps?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Tilak Varisetty