Issues Using GStreamer with v4l2 Elements

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas at ndufresne.ca
Mon May 9 20:15:08 UTC 2022

Le lundi 09 mai 2022 à 12:04 -0400, Joshua Quesenberry via gstreamer-devel a
écrit :
> Hey Everyone!
>
> I’m having some trouble using the v4l2 elements on an RPi. I’ve posted a
> detailed summary on the Raspberry Pi forum. Can anyone lend a hand? I’m not
> sure how many of you are frequent users of the RPi, so figured I’d reach out
> here in parallel in case the RPi forum isn’t the right audience.
> https://forums.raspberrypi.com/viewtopic.php?t=334215

Just read your post, looks like you are asking about at least two distinct
issue. In one case, v4l2jpegdec does not work at all for you. There isn't much
information, have you considering prepending jpegparse in front of it ? That may
help ? Jpeg V4L2 decoder is probably one of the least tested decoder in the v4l2
lot.

In the second issue, it works, but its slow. Could it be that you are loading
the CPU ? v4l2h264enc does not automatically do zero-copy. You can
experimentally enable it passing output-io-mode=dmabuf-import.

Nicolas