Correcting Video Levels (Patrick Cusack)

t1mbre at tx.rr.com t1mbre at tx.rr.com
Sun May 15 17:18:55 UTC 2022

>From: Patrick Cusack <patrickcusack at icloud.com>
>
>Subject: Re: Correcting Video Levels

> Can you indulge me a little thought experiment? Would it be possible to
use another tool to write yup frames to a socket that GStreamer then uses as
input? Or can you direct me to a plugin example where I cold do the
calculations my self?

> Thanks,

> Patrick

Fifos work.

mkfifo   something
gst-launch-1,0 filesrc location=something blocksize=fill-in-expected-size !
rest-of-the-pipeline
gst-launch-1.0 somepipeline ! filesink location=something

rm something               --- clean up when you're done

<gstreamer-devel at lists.freedesktop.org> wrote:

> Le jeudi 12 mai 2022 ? 07:57 -0700, Patrick Cusack via gstreamer-devel a
?crit :
>> GStreamer team,
>>
>> I am capturing video using a BlackMagic Video device, sending out
>> using a VP9 encoder, and then using a payloader for use with webRTC.
>> When I view the stream, my blacks and whites are mapped 16-235
>> instead of 0-255. Is there a way to correct this? WIth ffmpeg, I can
>> use a filter graph and and set the input and output scale
?scale=in_range=limited:out_range=limited?.