SRT persistency

Miguel Leão miguel.leao at bisect.pt
Tue May 17 09:34:34 UTC 2022

Hello Stéphane,

That seems to be what I need, I will give it a try and get back to you later. Thank you very much!

In the meantime I am also having troubles with the srtsink, and maybe you can help me. I think that there's a bug in the srtsink element, as it should not be writing to the buffer if there's no session established (in SRT the buffer timestamps are attributed according to the session "timestamp").

So for example, if I have a pipeline like this:
gst-launch-1.0 videotestsrc ! videoconvert ! x265enc tune=zerolatency ! queue ! h265parse config-interval=-1 ! mpegtsmux alignment=7 latency=0 ! srtsink uri="srt://127.0.0.1:7000?mode=caller" latency=125 wait-for-connection=false async=false
and there's no srtsrc active, this pipeline will crash because it's trying to write to the buffer without establishing the session.

In my opinion, the element should discard the buffers until it establishes a connection.

Do you know if someone has addressed this issue?

Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Miguel