GStreamer input from a named pipe?

Patrick Cusack patrickcusack at icloud.com
Tue May 17 15:04:50 UTC 2022

Is there an officlal way to read from a unix named socket?

I was reading the documentation for socketsrc and that component is for internal gstreamer sockets according to the documentation.

I can output from ffmpeg (so as to apply a filtergraph to correct video levels which gstreamer can not do):

My ffmpeg script is as follows:

ffmpeg -y -format_code 23ps -f decklink -f decklink -i 'UltraStudio Recorder 3G' -r 24000/1001 -s 1920x1080 -map 0:v:0 -f yuv4mpegpipe -pix_fmt yuv420p -listen 1 unix://var/temp/pc_ffmpeg_socket

But how would I read the output of ffmpeg? The fdsrc component wants a file descriptor likely from a pipe?

gst-launch-1.0 -e -v fdsrc fd=0 ! autovideosink

Thanks,

Patrick