Upgrading from 1.20 to main (1.21) webrtcbin not getting relay or srflx candidates

Lucas McGartland lmcgartland at sequence.film
Tue Nov 1 21:59:27 UTC 2022

+1 this issue:

https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gstreamer/-/merge_requests/2956

---- On Tue, 01 Nov 2022 14:52:31 -0700 Lucas McGartland <lmcgartland at sequence.film> wrote ---

Looking through the logs, I see:

webrtcnice nice.c:542:_add_stun_server:<webrtcbin0:ice> adding stun server, stun://stun.l.google.com:19302

webrtcnice nice.c:348:resolve_host_main_cb:<webrtcbin0:ice> Resolving host stun.l.google.com

But looking at the logs I never see that the host is resolved...I think this may be the issue when it switched to async host resolution here: https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gstreamer/-/commit/6066e913ee0f45f2e4307ebf9ef787d844a27d99

Not sure if my pipeline needs to be configured a certain way for that to work?

---- On Tue, 01 Nov 2022 10:27:56 -0700 Lucas McGartland <mailto:lmcgartland at sequence.film> wrote ---

Hey everyone—I recently updated my Gstreamer build to the latest on the main branch in order to take advantage of some of the new features in webrtcbin. However, this upgrade has seemingly broken getting ICE candidates for me—nothing in my stun/turn configuration is different, however I'm now only receiving host candidates, and no longer getting any relay or srflx candidates. Any ideas why this would happen? Do I need to enable something different in meson build?

Thanks,

Luke