Why is connecting vaapi decoder to v4l2sink stuttering?

Christian Hattenberger christian.hattenberger at gmail.com
Sat Nov 5 16:14:06 UTC 2022

When I connect a vaapi decoder to v4l2sink the result is not as expected, same happens if I use autovideosink, I know for this I have to use vaapisink and it is working as expected, but is there a solution for v4l2sink? Can someone explain me the reason, is there a solution?

gst-launch-1.0 filesrc location=/tmp/video.mp4 ! decodebin ! vaapipostproc ! video/x-raw,format=YUY2 ! v4l2sink device=/dev/video10