Interpipe - Switching between two pipelines.

Aravindhan K aravindhank1994 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 06:31:00 UTC 2022

Hi All,

For a video streaming application we are building we wanted to switch over
different sources of video inputs ( One is RTSP source and other HLS
source) and publish those over WebRTC connection. At first we we
investigated using
https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/documentation/application-development/advanced/pipeline-manipulation.html,
it worked well for switching single element, but swapping most of pipeline
didn't go well for us.

then came across this package, https://github.com/RidgeRun/gst-interpipe
and tried a simple example using C code,
https://pastebin.com/XUjNSi4i
when I try to switch the source pipeline, memory usage goes peeks and gets
terminated by OS. If any used this package before, kindly share some
pointers what I might be doing wrong.

Or any other alternate ways to handle this would be helpful

Thanks,
Aravindhan K