Disabling clocksync in webrtcbin

Philipp B philippb.ontour at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 13:57:38 UTC 2022

Hi community!

I am using webrtcbin in a "fake live" setup, where frames are fed
through appsrc, with perfect/jitterfree timing and timestamps.

My problem is, that I will add webrtcbin pipes later, which lead to an
offset between the webrtcbin pipes clock and the producers clock,
resulting in webrtcbin adding long delays.

Ideally I would like to use webrtcbin, without any clocksync (e.g.
setting sync=false to any internal clocksync elements). I assume, it
will then just send out any frames the moment I push them, with the
timestamps I provided. Whats the best way to do this? iterating
through all elements of webrtcbin? Does someone know a good example
how to do this?

Thanks!
Philipp