Encoding format string

Eslam Ahmed eslam.ahmed at avidbeam.com
Tue Oct 25 09:31:20 UTC 2022

You are welcome :)
Just a quick FYI, I have never used GES ever before but I think I might
have an idea of what's happening.

Running something so simple as: ges-launch-1.0 +clip
/home/avidbeam/Videos/Ped01-1.mp4 -o /home/avidbeam/Videos/render.mp4 gives
"streaming stopped, reason not-negotiated"

We need to set the GST_DEBUG_DUMP_DOT_DIR environment variable to a valid
directory path to understand the created pipeline so run again with:
GST_DEBUG_DUMP_DOT_DIR=./ ges-launch-1.0 +clip
/home/avidbeam/Videos/Ped01-1.mp4 -o /home/avidbeam/Videos/render.mp4

You should be able to see 5 files ending with the .dot extension, these are
the graphs created by gstreamer. opening ges-launch-error.dot file (you can
use xdot viewer on linux) I was able to see that gstreamer was using a gpu
decoder (nvidia decoder) that has higher priority than your normal CPU
decoder and thus producing frames on the GPU yet it was using the wrong
color space converter (videoconvert) when it should have used
(nvvideoconvert) that can deal with frames on the GPU. Blacklisting nvidia
decoder might just solve the issue for me.

I suggest you do the same and figure out what's wrong in your pipeline, you
might have a similar case. I have attached my ges-launch-error.dot for
reference.

Good Luck!

Best Regards,
Eslam Ahmed