Managing reference count of GstBuffers created in GstBaseSrc

Dass, Reena Collins Reena.Dass2 at collins.com
Tue Oct 25 20:09:11 UTC 2022

I have a pipeline that has a GstPushSrc, some GstTransforms and GstBaseSink.

This pipeline runs continuously. I noticed the GstBuffers created in the GstTransform modules have their reference count decremented when they are pushed to the next element in the pipeline but the one created in GstPushSrc. As a result the memory usage keeps on increasing with time.  I could not find documentation anywhere that talks about how and why the buffers reference counting is done.

I would appreciate it if somebody has some insight or could point me to some documentation that talks about the reference counting.

Reena