New Gtk4 Gtk.Video() widget

yPhil xaccrocheur at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 22:54:46 UTC 2022

Hi,

It's been a while now that Gtk4 shipped out, with a new |Gtk.Video()|
component <https://docs.gtk.org/gtk4/class.Video.html> that allows to
display a simple video in a Gtk window without resorting to using Gstreamer.

There were a lot of blog posts about it ; But no matter how hard I try,
I can't find a single example (? not even in C) of implementation ; I
got as far as presenting the widget in a window (code here
<https://stackoverflow.com/questions/74201946/gtk4-gtk-video-doesnt-play>)
but that's it :(

The window shows up, with a neat play button in the lower left corner,
all signals are good, /no warnings or messages in the console/, but the
video doesn't play, the play button does nothing and the window stays black.

Am I missing something obvious?

Is there a single implementation example of this widget anywhere on the
internet ?

Thanks,

-- Phil