gstreamer-rs: how to find elements in a pipeline?

fightling fightling at elektropost.org
Mon Sep 19 10:38:14 UTC 2022

I am currently using the rust implementation of the gstreamer interface
(gstreamer-rs) and I am wondering why I can not find a way to the get
elements in an existing pipeline.

I am using gstreamer::parse_launch() to start a pipeline from a string
description because I find it much more clearer to give the pipeline in
string form compared to use the element creators which gstreamer-rs
provides.

In python I could use the pipeline.get_by_name() function but this one
seems to be missing in gstreamer-rs and pipeline does not seem to behave
like a Bin in kind of giving access to it's elements.

Here is an example code which I would expect to be able to use:

--
gstreamer::parse_launch("videotestsrc name=test_src ! autovideosink",true);

let testsrc = gstreamer::get_by_name("test_src").unwrap;
--

But get_by_name is not provided. Is anyone able to give me a hint on how
to do this?

--
regards, fightling.

fightling at elektropost.org