Unable to set Property of GDateTime

Jon Lovewell jon at csoftware.co.uk
Thu Sep 22 14:07:04 UTC 2022

Hi All,

I am trying to work with the timeoverlay element from the latest branch, specifically looking at the inclusion of Reference Timestamps.  I have reference timestamp meta that represents a date time in milliseconds from the unix epoch.  Working in C# I have created the element and now want to set its 'datetime-epoch' property to the unix epoch.
I am able to create the GDateTime in C# but when I assign this object to the property it results in the following exception being thrown.

[cid:image001.png at 01D8CE90.B3455EB0]

Looking at the source file the code is autogenerated by GTK#.

I have cloned the repository and built everything from src, including GstSharp.

BTW if I change the default epoch in timeoverlay.c to that of the unix epoch everything works.  Additionally, if don't modify the source file and don't set the datetime-epoch property everything works but the date time displayed is out by 70 years as expected.

Happy to raise a bug if required, otherwise any help, advice or pointers gratefully received.

Kind Regards

Jon