Custom RTP Header Extension

Kristian.Alfheim at kongsberg.com Kristian.Alfheim at kongsberg.com
Thu Sep 29 08:25:16 UTC 2022

Hi,

In the 1.20 release the way RTP header extensions are handled was changed, adding the "GstRTPHeaderExtension" base class among other things, but I've been unable to find any documentation that explains exactly how to leverage this to write custom RTP headers in C++.

It's clear to me that I can use the "add-extension" signal to append the header once it's created, but how would I go about creating it? The closest example code I could find was from the common extension implementations (e.g. gstrtphdrext-clientaudiolevel.c), but I've been unable to make an equivalent approach in C++. My aim is to create a simple header that contains an ID string - what is considered best practice to do so?

Best Regards,
Kristian

CONFIDENTIALITY
This e-mail and any attachment contain KONGSBERG information which may be proprietary, confidential or subject to export regulations, and is only meant for the intended recipient(s). Any disclosure, copying, distribution or use is prohibited, if not otherwise explicitly agreed with KONGSBERG. If received in error, please delete it immediately from your system and notify the sender properly.