how to detect stop of RTSP streaming at source

cfd new newcfd at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 18 13:39:46 UTC 2023

 Thank you for your reply, Will. It is a good idea. It would be nice to have an element or event to handle this scenario.
   Joe

    On Tuesday, April 18, 2023, 07:59:33 a.m. EDT, wm-gstreamer.switchd.net via gstreamer-devel <gstreamer-devel at lists.freedesktop.org> wrote:

Hi Joe,

Not a direct answer to your question, but an idea for a workaround I used that may help you:

I used identity with a hand-off function that simply counts updates, then use a periodic timer to ensure updates keep coming through.

When no buffers have come through, time to terminate!

In my use-case I placed this after the mp4mux as it was refusing to pass data on after some unusual data was received, but it's a flexible approach.

I'd not be surprised if there is a standard pipeline element that does something similar...

Will.