Gstreamer ONVIF RTSPServer issue

Przemysław Janikula przemyslawjanikula at gmail.com
Fri Aug 4 14:09:37 UTC 2023

Hello,

I’m trying to create RTSP Server using Gstreamer in such a way that it
would be compatible with ONVIF. My goal is to provide two endpoints:

   - /video - streaming simply video over RTSP
   - /metadata – streaming ONVIF metadata (XML containing bounding boxes of
   objects in video stream)

I’ve found Gstreamer plugins which I guess will be necessary, as I wasn’t
able to stream metadata in any form over RTSP. In gst-plugins-rs I found
gst-plugins-onvif which seems to provide necessary elements of pipeline
such as rtponvifmetadatapay and onvifmetadatacombiner. However I still
cannot create proper pipeline.
I’m trying to use pipeline "appsrc name=metadata! rtponvifmetadatapay pt=96
" inside RTSPMediaFactory to stream at least only metadata, but I cannot
recieve anything on the other end. I’m using Python bindigs and I’m
overloading ‘need-data’ in appsrc to send XML data to the buffer.  Could
you please provide me example of pipeline that could help me accomplish
streaming ONVIF metadata using RTSP server?

Best Regards,

Przemysław Janikula