gst-rtsp-server Tunnel over HTTP

Michael Gruner michael.gruner at ridgerun.com
Mon Aug 7 18:10:34 UTC 2023

Hi Alan

GstRTSPServer supports HTTP tunneling by default, but the client is the one that needs to initiate the tunnel request. For example, using GStreamer as the client you can initiate RTSP over HTTP as:

gst-play-1.0 rtsph://$IP_ADDRESS:$PORT/$MAPPING

(Note the h in rtsph)

In VLC, for example, you would go to Settings -> Show All -> Input / Codecs -> Demuxers -> RTP / RTSP -> Tunnel RTP and RTSP over HTTP

Michael