Fastest way to navigate to needed frame

Антон Шаров sharov_am at mail.ru
Tue Aug 8 12:54:18 UTC 2023

Hi.

Given pipeline «filesrc ! decodebin ! appsink»  I need fastest way to navigate to given frame number in file.
Say, I need frame number 9, what is the fastest way to obtain this frame — iterate in cycle and skip frames via
PullSample, like :

                var step = 0;
                while (step < frameNumber)
                {
                    appSink.PullSample();
                    step++;
                }
                var neededSample = appSink.PullSample();

or there is better and faster option like  Seek  with some parameters like buffer and so on?

Thanks in advance.

KR