Debugging partial pipeline stall?

Florian Echtler floe at butterbrot.org
Mon Aug 14 11:07:46 UTC 2023

Hello everyone,

I have a rather complex pipeline, with several WebRTC endpoints that can
dynamically connect and disconnect, thereby also influencing other internal bits
of the pipeline plumbing.

Generally, this works fine, but I do still have occasional hangs where some
parts of the pipeline just stop delivering data downstream. This occurs
_sometimes_ after disconnecting a client - I've already used the leaks tracer to
verify that I'm not leaving any dangling pads or similar floating around. The
pipeline graph in that semi-stalled state also looks perfectly normal.

I'm a bit stumped about how to proceed further. Looking at GST_DEBUG at various
levels hasn't gotten me anywhere either (maybe due to sheer volume). Any
suggestions for debug filters or tracers I could use here, and also ideas/tools
for parsing the massive amount of output?

Thanks and best, Florian
--
SENT FROM MY DEC VT50 TERMINAL