splitmuxsrc: If set range the splitmuxsrc, This output file cannot be played with VLC Player.

s_kamiya at toa.co.jp s_kamiya at toa.co.jp
Fri Aug 18 08:48:28 UTC 2023

Hello eveyone.
I am Kamiya.

I tried the followin pipeline with C++ coding (Properties are omitted).

     pipeline1 : splitmuxsrc ! h264parse ! queue ! qtmux ! filesink

The created media file can be played correctly with any player.

But, if I changed range "start" to bigger than 0 with gst_event_new_seek,
the VLC player could not play the created media file.
It's movie stopped after a few seconds playing, but only the player's
slider is moving to the last.

The first of buffer is not GST_BUFFER_FLAG_DELTA_UNIT.

On the other hand, in the case of the following pipeline without
splitmuxsrc,
The created media file can be played correctly with any player contains
the VLC,
even ifI changed range "start" to bigger than 0 with gst_event_new_seek.

    pipeline2 : filesrc ! qtdemux ! h264parse ! queue ! qtmux ! filesink

I tried the pipeline1 which changed H.265.
The result was the same, but the following error occurred in gst-discover
analysis.

ERROR libav :0:: Duplicate POC in a sequence: 3.
ERROR libav :0:: Duplicate POC in a sequence: 4.

I would like to combine some media files. So I hope pipeline1.
I don't know what the problem is and how the next action is.
please help me.

Best regards,
Kamiya.