Build own gstreamer 1.22 and deploy with app

Deymos s yarmolovichv at gmail.com
Fri Aug 18 12:42:19 UTC 2023

Hi! Can anyone tell me how to build gstreamer correctly and link with qt
(or not qt but C++) project? I have debian 10 on which gstreamer 1.18.1 has
a critical bug causing segfault, I want to ship gstreamer 1.22 along with
the project to all distributions instead, how do I do this? At the moment,
I have builded gstreamer 1.22 in docker(so that the build does not touch
the system gstreamer), downloaded it to my ubuntu 22.04, specified
PKG_CONFIG_PATH, but pkgconfig writes that it cannot find libgstvideo-1.0.so
because there are no symlinks to it, and there are symlinks in the system
gstreamer, but manually creating them is not an option. Please tell me,
anyone have instructions on how to carry own gstreamer to all
distributives, and prohibit linking the system gstreamer?
here is how I currently linking gstreamer on linux:
QT_CONFIG -= no-pkg-config
CONFIG += link_pkgconfig
PKGCONFIG = \
    gstreamer-1.0 \
    gstreamer-video-1.0 \
    gstreamer-gl-1.0
PKGCONFIG +=  gstreamer-base-1.0 glib-2.0 gobject-2.0 gstreamer-app-1.0
gstreamer-sdp-1.0
INCLUDEPATH += $$PWD/include

In general, my goal is not to touch the system gstreamer and use my own
completely in the application, so as not to depend on the system gstreamer,
I managed to do this on windows, but I can't do it on linux yet.