ximagesrc: GstEvent-s handler

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas at ndufresne.ca
Mon Aug 21 19:23:27 UTC 2023

Hi,

Le dimanche 20 août 2023 à 21:13 -0700, Robert Ayrapetyan via gstreamer-devel a
écrit :
> Hello,
>
> I'm about to embark on the task of developing a GstEvents handler for
> ximagesrc. This will enable the propagation of mouse and keyboard
> events, facilitating a form of "remote control" akin to what wpesrc
> offers. I'm interested in gathering feedback from the maintainers of
> ximagesrc. Do they consider this concept favorable, or do they have
> suggestions for a more optimal approach? Your insights are greatly
> appreciated. Thank you.

For a lot, Xorg is legacy, so ximagesrc does not really have any active
maintainers. Though, patches are welcome. Make sure this support have to be
opted-in,  as for local render (e.g. ximagesrc ! ximagesink), the effect will be
terrible, and will probably break your sessions completely.

regards,
Nicolas