Using appsink in an shmsrc pipeline

Kyle Flores krm.flores at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 20:45:20 UTC 2023

Michiel, thanks for your reply.

That's a good suggestion, and I gave it a try this morning. Surprisingly
the behavior is about the same, with the whole camera pipeline appearing to
stop when the pipeline with the appsink goes to null. I checked by placing
an "identity" with dump=true after the "videotestsrc", and it stops dumping
buffers at the same time.

With regard to shmsink and multiple clients, I didn't find a doc that
mentioned it either. However, aspects of its source code like storing
"clients" in a GList and looping over it made me think that it would
support more than one client.

-Kyle