regard to webrtcsink

Daniel E daniedroid at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 07:22:42 UTC 2023

I’m testing „webrtcsink“ on a Raspberry PI. The Gstreamer stack offers
„openh264enc“ and „v4l2h264enc“. In my previous scripts I was using
„webrtcbin“ with the latter encoder.   I could add „openh264“ support to
„webrtcsink“ so far but was not able to make use of „v4l2h264enc“. There
are no direct properties to get/set „bitrate“ with this encoder. What would
be necessary to support it? Are there means to select a particular encoder,
e.g. by use of „video-props“? It is of high value to support „v4l2h264enc“
because of the hardware acceleration.