What is the highest gestreamer version on Ubuntu 18.04

cfd new newcfd at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 8 19:30:18 UTC 2023

 I will check it out. Thanks, Tim. Another thing: I am not sure if the driver of the video card can match. I have intel video card and it seems intel has stopped support for Ubuntu 18.04.
   Joe

    On Wednesday, February 8, 2023, 02:07:44 p.m. EST, Tim-Philipp Müller <t.i.m at zen.co.uk> wrote:

 Hi,

>From memory (on the Jetson nano running L4T Ubuntu 18.04), I think what you could do was something like:
 apt install python3.8 apt remove python-pip python3-pip python3-wheel (since this is for the too-old python3.6) wget https://bootstrap.pypa.io/get-pip.py python3.8 get-pip.py pip3 --version pip3 install -U meson meson --version
Which should hopefully get you a recent-enough meson installed using python 3.8. (I'm sure someone will chime in if there's a better way.)

PS: In principle you can also just run meson from a meson git checkout, so it's possible that just running python3.8 meson/meson.py might work as well, but I haven't tested that, fwiw.
Cheers Tim