Render RTSP Streams on to a Web Browser (WebRTC) using GStreamer in Windows Environment?

Ignas Brašiškis ignas.brasiskis at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 05:37:02 UTC 2023

You can use third party gateways (not related to gstreamer). This one is
based on Golang:
https://github.com/AlexxIT/go2rtc

To display in the browser using gstreamer stack you have two
options, without using janus:
1. Convert stream to webrtc (janus does that, manually I done is bit tricky
in gstreamer as webrtc is not trivial, best shot would be latest gstreamer
with high level webrtcsink (
https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gst-plugins-rs/-/tree/main/net/webrtc)
(not to be confused with low leve webrtcbin). On frontend you will have to
program it using webrtc api.
2. Convert stream as segment buffers and feed them over http or websocket
through the your own server and glue them in frontend using multimedia
source extensions (you basically feed received buffers to <video> element).