BlackMagic support?

amindfv at mailbox.org amindfv at mailbox.org
Tue Jan 3 00:22:01 UTC 2023

I see Gstreamer has high-quality decklink elements, which is great news, but I have a couple questions about them:

  - Are proprietary drivers required? In other words, can you simply plug in a device for the first time and start streaming to `decklinkvideosink`, or must you also install closed-source drivers from BlackMagic?
  - Is there a list somewhere of supported devices? Specifically I'm wondering if the UltraStudio Monitor 3G is supported. I've looked in the code and wasnt able to find anything about device support.

Thanks,
Tom