Audio only playback with playbin

Stephane Cerveau scerveau at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 14:57:11 UTC 2023

Dear Cedric,

1) 2) 3)One option to solve your issue(s) would be to redesign a little
bit your player to use the gst-player API, which will abstract a lot of
facilities for you:
https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gstreamer/-/tree/main/subprojects/gst-plugins-bad/gst-libs/gst/player.
You can check the code of gst-play-1.0

You can give a try to `gst-play-1.0 YOUR_AV_FILE --videosink=fakesink`
for example.

5) to debug I recommend you to read
https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/documentation/tutorials/basic/debugging-tools.html?gi-language=c

Best regards.