One shot audio player.

Robert Hensel vk3eht at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 08:25:43 UTC 2023

Hello,
My apologies to posting a question..
I’m wanting to implement a one shot play regime to play a wave file (5
seconds long) using filesrc or anything else appropriate to use.
Is there any recommendations to how to achieve such using Python Glib?

Something on the order
  filesrc start=1 location=sine.wav ! wavparse ! audioconvert ! alsasink

I know filesrc doesn’t have a property start however, some method on
starting the play where it is reset once the file buffer is empty before
raising EOS. Any recommendations on how to implement such?

I would be great to develop a plugin  to do exactly that.
oneshot location=sine.wav ! wavparse ! audioconvert ! alsasink

Set property start to true and it plays then once finished start is
effectively false. Just set property start to true and plays again.