notification on every frame played

Neil C Smith neil at codelerity.com
Thu Jan 26 17:53:21 UTC 2023

On Thu, 26 Jan 2023 at 14:21, Belisko Marek via gstreamer-devel
<gstreamer-devel at lists.freedesktop.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 24, 2023 at 5:26 PM Matt Feury <mattfeury at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > You should be able to leverage the identity element, specifically the `handoff` callback which gets called for every buffer that passes through it. Add that element to your pipeline, and that function will get called for every buffer. (Note that a buffer is not always guaranteed to equal a frame depending on the source you're using. For most live sources this seems to be true though)
> Thanks for the info. In my pipeline I'm using playbin3 and  adding
> identity component isn't not possible to pipeline. Is there any other
> way how to do this?

Not sure if it counts as the best way to do this, but you could add it
via the video-filter property.

Best wishes,

Neil

--
Neil C Smith
Codelerity Ltd.

Codelerity Ltd. is a company registered in England and Wales
Registered company number : 12063669
Registered office address : Office 4 219 Kensington High Street,
Kensington, London, England, W8 6BD