Recover h264parsed h264 stream dumped to disk

Judemir Ribeiro j.ribeirovega at gmail.com
Mon Jul 3 03:40:32 UTC 2023

Hello,

I created a few videos using a wrong pipeline and now I dont know how to
read the streams to recover them.

The pipeline was:

libcamera-vid -t 0 -n -o - | gst-launch1.0 fdsrc fd=0 ! h264parse
config-interval=-1 ! tee name=output .output ! queue ! rtph264pay !
udpsink host=127.0.0.1 port=5600 .output ! queue ! filesink
location=/video/$(date).h264

As we can see I created the tee after the h264parse step, when it should
have been before.

How can I convert these files back to h264 streams? I have tried ffmpeg,
and other programs but nothing can recognize the files dumped by this wrong
pipeline.

Thanks.