Problem initializing androidmedia plugin on an android build

George George didn_t at abv.bg
Fri Jul 14 19:46:12 UTC 2023

 Hello
  I have a problem using the androidmedia plugin. Here is my setup:
 I have a Native Activity android project.
 The project does not have any java and is C/C++ only.
  The project was setup following this blog post:
https://medium.com/androiddevelopers/getting-started-with-c-and-android-native-activities-2213b402ffff  (Note: the code in the blog post references struct android_app, which can be viewed at the  /sources/android/native_app_glue/)
 I build gstreamer_android.so as a separate project.
  The separate project's setup is similar to the android examples in gstreamer's repository.
  The only difference is that my makefile builds only the gstreamer_android target, instead of building the entire C/C++ code base.
  Once the .so is built, it is linked in the cmake of my Native Activity project.

    Upon calling gst_init, (the gstreamer_android was built with the androidmedia plugin), I get the following error:  ../sys/androidmedia/gstjniutils.c,load_java_module: Failed to load Java module 'libdvm': dlopen failed: library "libdvm.so" not found  I don't get any other androidmedia related errors.
  I've also copied gstreamer and androidmedia java code (GStreamer.java, GstAhs(c)Callback.java, GstAmcOnFrameAvailableListener.java) to my project.  However, since there is no java code, I am not sure that these will end up being part of the project at all.
  Any help or clarification on what is going wrong would be greatly appreciated.
  Thanks,  George