Get camera timestamp from rtsp stream.

Антон Шаров sharov_am at mail.ru
Mon Jul 17 09:49:15 UTC 2023

Hi.

I’m given rtsp stream from camera, where each frame has capturing timestamp.
Connection strin looks like rtsp://{usr}:{pwd{@ip_addr/onvif/media?profile=Profile1
I need to store this data for some time and provide search access for this data, either return closest (exact) frame for provided timestamp or return mp4 file which containts this closest frame. My first pipeline is   rtsp ! h264depay ! h264parse ! splitmuxsink  location=… max-time-size=10seconds (for example), when I save new file via splitmuxsink, I’m some how need to get camera timestamp
for first frame of video (or key frame) and maybe store this mp4 file as timestamp.mp4 (or save ts for later in some db, for example).

Other approach is to use jpegenc and to store each frame with it’s timestamp, but I don’t know how to obtain timestamp for jpeg buffer (rtsp ! decodebin ! jpegenc ! appsink). But  I assume  that this won’t be effective solution in terms of CPU and storage usage, and better to store mp4 files.

So, in both cases I don’t know how to get reference-timestamp-meta for needed buffer.

Can someone help me?

PS: I use C# wrapper, namely gstreamer-sharp, but I don’t think it is relevant for this problem.

Thanks in advance.

--
С Уважением,
Шаров Антон