Building and Installing the latest versions of gstreamer in Ubuntu 22.04LTS

cfd new newcfd at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 18 16:59:20 UTC 2023

Get Source

   - get source: git clone ​https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gstreamer.git
   - git tag -l <==== to list all tags
   - git checkout tags/1.22.2 <==== for example

Build and install

   - cd gstreamer
   - meson setup --prefix=/opt/thirdParties/gstreamer1-22-2 -Dlibdir=lib builddir
   - ninja -C builddir
   - sudo ninja install -C builddir

Do not build into default places. Otherwise, you may have hard time to clean it up if you want to remove it or change it.Set the proper path for your own use after it is installed.

Also you need to build video drivers.