Get camera timestamp from rtsp stream.

Anand Sivaram aspnair at gmail.com
Wed Jul 19 09:36:50 UTC 2023

Hello Anton,

The RTSP media is coming as separate RTP streams for each video and audio.
They must be having only usual RTP parameters like timestamp, sequence
number and payload type.
That too RTP timestamps are initialized randomly as per standard, so the
timestamps on video and audio streams have no relation at all.
If you are planning to read the time using some OCR software from the video
frame, then you will have to decode H.264 and the typical granularity is
1sec.

Are you using the "format-location" callback signal in splitmuxsink with
which you can generate custom filenames with timestamp and any prefix.  It
is not available on gst-launch, but it is definitely available on C and
Python.

Thanks and Regards

Anand