pipe string wanted

Marianna Smidth Buschle msb at qtec.com
Fri Mar 3 12:10:16 UTC 2023

You will have to write a small python app for that, you should be able
to find some tutorials on that.
(fx https://lifestyletransfer.com/how-to-use-gstreamer-appsink-in-python/)

If your camera only provides YUYV, you will have to convert to BGR
(opencv expects BGR).

So something like:

|"v4l2src ! videoconvert ! \ capsfilter caps=video/x-raw,format=BGR ! \
appsink emit-signals=True"|

Alternatively if you have gstreamer enabled in opencv you can do
something like:

|cv2.VideoCapture('videotestsrc ! video/x-raw,framerate=20/1 !
videoscale ! videoconvert ! appsink',cv2.CAP_GSTREAMER)|

https://answers.opencv.org/question/202017/how-to-use-gstreamer-pipeline-in-opencv/

 > But I have no idea how to make the pipe string that should go to the
gst-launch-1.0

Google is your friend ;P

Best Regards

Marianna