How to Drop GST_EVENT_EOS and continue connecting

Guru Govindan gurunathan.govindan at gmail.com
Mon May 22 16:13:49 UTC 2023

Hi,
I am implementing a Gstreamer pipeline in rust to ingest rtsp feed from
different cameras. I use the hlssink2 element to create manifest to
view/store the video.

For some of the cameras, the hlssink2's splitmux element receives a
GST_EVENT_EOS which results in the pipeline stopping.

This happens even if I add a bus.add_watch and capture the
gst::MessageView::Eos(state_changed) event.

Is there a way to programatically block the EOS message and keep the rtsp
connection on?

Here is an example pipeline for which I have a rust implementation.

gst-launch-1.0 hlssink2 name=ingest1 playlist-length=5 max-files=0
target-duration=10 \
send-keyframe-requests=true playlist-location=/tmp/manifest.m3u8
location=/tmp/video/%t.ts \
rtspsrc latency=100 location=<rtspurl> protocols=0x00000004
name=basesrc basesrc. ! rtph264depay ! tee name=t \
t.! queue  ! ingest1.video

I tried using errorignore and set the ignore-eos flag and
convert-to=0. I used it right after rtspsrc element and right before
hlssink2. However this seems to come from splitmuxsink inside
hlssink2.

Best Regards,

Guru