Timestamp development question

Fabián Orccón cfoch.fabian at gmail.com
Fri May 26 14:34:09 UTC 2023

Hello.

It looks like you want to calculate latency. I recommend to use
`GST_TRACERS=latency(flags=pipeline+element+reported)`.

Then you can obtain a summary with
https://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/jammy/man1/gst-stats-1.0.1.html
https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/documentation/additional/design/tracing.html?gi-language=c#latency

 Other thing you can do is to play with GST_DEBUG=GST_BUFFER:6 environment
variable, and check the log timestamps and compare against buffer
timestamp. You can use gst-launch-1.0 -v and the identity silent=false
element to not get lost in logs.

Finally, other option is for sure to write your own element.

Regards,
Fabián O.

--
Fabián Orccón