gst_element_factory_make returns nullptr on Android

Ramil Galin leftbyheaven at gmail.com
Tue Feb 13 08:00:54 UTC 2024

Hello!

I am developing an app for Android using JNI. I use CMake to build my jni
lib and follow this
<https://github.com/henkeldi/gstreamer-android/blob/master/app/src/main/cpp/CMakeLists.txt>
example to configure the CMakeLists.txt and gstreamer_android.cpp. I
declare and register plugins according to the example either.

The problem is that when I try to create some element of pipeline (e.g.
"filesrc", "videotestsrc" etc.) using *gst_element_factory_make, *it
returns nullptr. I posted the questions on stackoverflow
<https://stackoverflow.com/questions/77961381/andoird-jni-gst-element-factory-make-returns-nullptr-when-i-try-create-element>
and gstreamer
<https://discourse.gstreamer.org/t/android-jni-gst-element-factory-make-returns-nullptr/959/3>
forum but still got no answers.

I would appreciate if you could help me with this problem.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,
Ramil Galin