GstPlay cannot set NULL uri

Tobias Rapp t.rapp at noa-archive.com
Mon Feb 26 11:02:07 UTC 2024

Hi,

I have tested my application with the 1.23.90 pre-release version of
GStreamer libraries and noticed a warning message which did not appear
in v1.22:

** (engine-94c8cb914337389b.exe:14940): WARNING **: 11:47:04.355: cannot
set NULL uri

In my gstreamer-rs based application I load media files from time to
time into an instance of GstPlay, calling
GstPlay::set_uri(Some("http://...")) when opening a new file, and
GstPlay::set_uri(None) when closing a file.

Is this usage pattern deprecated in 1.24? What would be an alternative
way of closing the currently loaded media?

Regards, Tobias