audio conference

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas at ndufresne.ca
Wed Jul 24 16:03:35 UTC 2024

Hi,

Le mercredi 24 juillet 2024 à 20:07 +0530, Pradeep Acharya via gstreamer-devel a
écrit :
> Hello list,
>        Any kind of suggestions on the below query would be helpful

You might like to know that we have discourse.gstreamer.org now, where most of
the user discussion take place.

> Thanks & Regards
> Pradeep
>
> On Tue, Jul 23, 2024 at 7:10 PM Pradeep Acharya
> <pradeep.acharya1008 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >   i'm developing an audio conference targeted for more than 100 participants
> > in a conference. I'm using "audiomixer" element to do this. Its working fine
> > if the number of participants is less than 10 . However, I see that the
> > number of threads created are huge.  For each input pad of an audio mixer,
> > one thread is created .like this if there are 100 participants then the
> > number of threads would be 100 (input) and 1 for output from the mixer. Is
> > there any way to reduce the number of threads used by the audiomixer element
> > ? Any other suggestions would be helpful

Sounds like you'd need something like the gst-plugins-rs "threadshare" mode,
with audio mixing support.

regards,
Nicolas