[gst-embedded] Gstreamer in VOIP

Manish Rana manish.rana at gmail.com
Fri Aug 15 10:16:50 PDT 2008

Hi,

as far as the real time constrain is concerned, this should be taken care by
RTP and add the required delays shall be added by RTP, that is  gstrtpbin
plugin in gstreamer.
On addition to this gstreamer will give u flexiblity to create the pipelines
as your requirements. You can have minimal elements as well or add more to
get the better audio. (like audio resample and audioconvert can be optional)

And if i am not wrong Gstreamer is used successfully in maemo for the VoIP
application, and there is Farsight plugin available, which is optimised.

I am sorry if I have any wrong info... Please correct me....

Also please add more on the same...........

BR
Manish