[gst-embedded] noise and stuttering

Thijs Vermeir thijsvermeir at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 15:59:30 PDT 2008

Hi,

On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 5:43 PM, Dennis Fleming
<arsantiqua at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> The interesting thing is that uncompressed WAV files are causing the problem
> while MP3s were fixed by setting the buffer-time and latency-time to values
> smaller than found on a desktop.  What would adding a queue do to latency
> through the system?

There is no latency in this case because there are no live-sources. [1]

> Also, I suppose, that I will need to break up the
> playbin and create a pipeline myself, yes?

playbin has the queue elements on the correct location, no changes needed.
You where already using a custom pipeline, no?

Gr,

[1] http://webcvs.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gstreamer/docs/design/draft-latency.txt?view=markup