[gst-embedded] questions on gst_pad_push() to send audio/video data to codec

Shenhong Wang qch1688 at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 6 03:10:19 PDT 2008

Dear all,
Now we are writing up a media demux element. It contains one sink pad and two source pads (audio & video). The element is expected to contact to next stage element (codec) in PUSH mode. After processing data in chain() function, we call gst_pad_push to send the audio or video to peer pads in codec elements (H.264 video or AAC).
a)       gst_pad_push returns back with 0 which looks successfully for video data
b)       gst_pad_push always return back with -5 for audio data.
Actually we use same codes (but names) to finish the above actions, however we got different results (o or -5). Would anyone of you tell me what’s the difference to send out audio/video data to their codec? Thanks a lot!

Best Regards!
Shenhong