[gst-embedded] gstreamer segfault on ARM

Bernard Blackham bernard at largestprime.net
Thu Jun 19 05:24:51 PDT 2008

Running a rather simple program:

  #include <gst/gst.h>
  int main() {
    gst_init(0, NULL);
    g_pipeline_new("pipeline");
    return 0;
  }

with GST_DEBUG=4 causes the program to segfault when it goes to
print out one of its trace messages.

Can someone else please try and reproduce this? Simply, compile the
above program, and run:

  $ GST_DEBUG=4 ./test

I've tracked it down to this line of code in gstbin.c's
gst_bin_init:

479  GST_DEBUG_OBJECT (bin, "using bus %" GST_PTR_FORMAT " to listen to children",
480      bus);

Digging deeper, what happens is that in gst_debug_log_default, the
arguments turn to rubbish, somewhere along the way.

I'm using gstreamer 0.10.20, glib 2.16.3 and gcc 4.1.1 - I suspect a
compiler bug, but I'd like to see if anybody else can reproduce this
before I go rebuilding toolchains :)

Cheers,
Bernard.