[gst-embedded] [SPAM] Problem with gst-ti-plugin-full-0.99.00 on DM6446

Michael Smith msmith at xiph.org
Wed Apr 15 10:28:49 PDT 2009

On Mon, Apr 6, 2009 at 10:49 PM, anup behare <anup_behare at rediffmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am using Gstreamer (version gst-ti-plugin-full-0.99.00) ported by TI on
> DM6446.
>
> with this i am able to run demo application provided by TI decode_qt.sh) i.e
> decoding qt format using TI's codec combo.
>
> Now i am trying to run one program which uses ffmpeg for decoding Mp3
> audio.here i am getting message "Decoder or output could not be found" i.e
> means my
> gst_element_factory_make ("filesrc", "my_filesource");
> gst_element_factory_make ("mad", "my_decoder");

Creating filesrc shouldn't be failing - unless the TI package is, for
some reason, stripping very basic functionality out of gstreamer (in
which case I'd recommend not using it). 'mad', on the other hand, is
an mp3 decoder, and I wouldn't expect TI to be including that.

You should replace it with a different (possibly TI-specific) decoder.

Mike