[gst-embedded] [SPAM] Problem with gst-ti-plugin-full-0.99.00 on DM6446

anup behare anup_behare at rediffmail.com
Wed Apr 15 22:12:14 PDT 2009

Hi Mike,

filesrc creation is not problem.

my example code is:

/* Create gstreamer elements */

bin = gst_pipeline_new ("pipeline");

g_assert (bin);

filesrc = gst_element_factory_make ("filesrc", "disk_source");

g_assert (filesrc);

g_object_set (G_OBJECT (filesrc), "location", argv[1], NULL);

decoder = gst_element_factory_make ("mad", "decode");

f (!decoder) {

    g_print ("could not find plugin \"mad\"");

    return -1;

}

Here application endup with an error "could not find plugin \"mad\"."

as you said you wouldn't expect TI to be including mad plugin.

Is that mean i will have to use TI's plugin olny?

Because i have seen that (with gst-inspect) there are few plugins available with this release or i can use other one also by cross-compiling gst-ffmpeg.

Please find the attached log of gst-inspect.

~Anup

On Wed, 15 Apr 2009 22:58:04 +0530  wrote